Strategic Staffing Solutions International client - Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) - is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world’s securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of over $ 8.8 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients.
Currently NASDAQ is expanding the team in Lithuania and is looking for:
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join the world’s leading exchange company as a Software Developer in the Nasdaq CSD (NCSD) Team at NASDAQ.
You will be part of a large team of Software Developers responsible for:
- Delivering a highly sophisticated Central Securities Depository (CSD) system to major CSDs around the world.
- Building up an advanced system with very high demands on quality and performance and it is built with leading edge Java technology and tools.
- Working in a cross-functional scrum team consisting of Business Analysts, Software Developers and Testers.
- Developing new functions and related unit tests based on the business requirements and design principles of the system.
- Reviewing business requirements, software design specifications and test scenarios.
Development is done using continues integration/delivery tools with execution of both unit tests and auto tests in order to get fast feedback in faulty situations. The work is carried out in sprints that deliver new system functionality following a demo presentation at the end of each sprint.
This position is an exciting opportunity to develop your personal, technical, and leadership skills while gaining an extensive knowledge of the exchange industry in general and the CSD domain in particular.
- At least 5 years of work experience in enterprise Java application development, including Hibernate, EJB and Spring.
- Experience with Java EE, object oriented design and patterns with special focus on:
- JDBC and JPA: managed vs. detached entities, Lazy initialization, Lazy / Eager fetching, Orphan Removal, inheritance strategies, caching and second level cache.
- CDI beans: bean scopes, dependent beans, CDI producers, CDI events, and Interceptors.
- EJB beans: bean types (Stateless, Singleton, MDB), memory and thread management (@Lock), security annotations (@Role).
- Message oriented middleware (e.g. JMS).
- Web service API design (SOAP and JAXB, REST).
- Test-driven development, unit-testing, JUNIT and mocking.
- Inversion of control / dependency injection with scopes.
- Work experience of JBoss/WildFly or similar application server.
- Work experience of Linux and databases.
- Work experience of Maven.
- University degree in computer science, information technology, software development or similar.
- Effective communicator as the role will require ability to liaise with development / business teams and with clients.
- Excellent language skills in written and spoken English.
- Experience from optimizing performance.
- Experience from working with financial systems especially clearing/ settlement systems.
To be a good match for this role you should have an agile mindset and enjoy working under constantly changing conditions. In addition you should possess a strong drive to achieve result, be a good team member and be able to work efficiently both independently and in cooperation with others. You have the motivation and capacity to learn the financial domain model and in particular the settlement and corporate action areas.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world’s securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of over $9.1 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients.
Nasdaq offers you an international and dynamic working environment and a supportive and professional team to work with. Working at Nasdaq is an opportunity to grow professionally and intellectually while working at the forefront of finance and technology. Nasdaq is situated in central Vilnius in the brand new K29 building.
Please send your application to cvLT@strategicstaff.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted.